HOW CAN THERAPY HELP ME?
Therapy can help people to understand their response to life experiences. Through self-awareness people can optimize their lives and be happier and effective. Therapy helps to guide you in a direction to knowing thy self and using your strengths and weakness to face life challenges. Therapy helps you to build on what you already know about yourself the benefits from a 50-mintue session provides you with strategies to manage daily life stressors. By discovering new ways to solve problems and unlearning common behaviors to increasing confidence, peace, vitality, and well-being. Life challenges will always be there how we equip ourselves to tackle them is what matters most. When people gain insight into their personal patterns and behavior, unhealthy relationships with self and others therapy can help enhancing the overall quality of life through spiritual guidance.
WHAT MAKES YOUR THERAPY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER’S OR WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE MASTERY OF SELF INC.?
It takes courage to ask for help. My intention is to create a safe non-judgmental environment to facilitate change. I tend to be intuitive, flexible, challenging, practical and spiritual.
Mastery of Self Inc. is unique in that we focus on educating the importance of self-care and give the opportunity to create a spiritual connection with self. Our private practice focused exclusively on providing specialized and tailored services to our clients.
- A safe, supportive and confidential environment where you can explore your personal issues
- An opportunity to speak with a trained professional about your feelings and concerns
- A means of helping individuals and families to address and overcome challenges and struggles in life
IS THERAPY CONFIDENTIAL?
Mastery of Self Inc. is committed to keeping your information confidential
No personal information will be communicated, directly or indirectly, to any third party without your informed and written consent. However, there are exceptions to this policy which include our legal, and/or ethical obligations, which means breaking confidentiality and disclosing your personal information without your consent. Exceptions include:
- To inform an appropriate family member, health care professional or the police if a client tell us that s/he intends to harm him/herself or end his/her life
- To inform the potential victim of violence or the police of a client’s intention to harm an intended victim
- To inform child and family services, if there is suspicion of a child being at risk or in need of protection due to neglect, or physical, sexual or emotional abuse
- To release a client’s file, if there is a court order to do so
- To report a regulated health professional, who has sexually abused a client, to the organization that regulates that profession
- To share information with a supervisor or for auditing purposes
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN A THERAPY SESSION?
Mastery of Self Inc. strives to provide our clients with:
A safe, supportive and confidential environment where you can explore your personal issues, there are a number of benefits to engaging in counselling such as support, developing or enhancing coping skills for issues as grief, relationship difficulties, stress management, depression, anxiety, problem-solving and the hassles of everyday life.
- You can be provided with a new or different perspective on your challenges or problems and assist you in making movement towards a solution
- You can benefit from counselling if you are willing to utilize the therapeutic process and put into action the things you have learned
- Some of the benefits include: personal awareness, gaining a better understanding of yourself and issues, finding resolutions to problems, developing skills and coping strategies, manage emotional difficulties such as anger, anxiety, depression, grief, stress, improve communication skills, change old behaviour patterns that have not been working in your life, learn new ways of solving problems and improve your self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Through counselling, we will help you to become aware of your strengths, problem solve, make decisions and choose the direction in your own life that is personally satisfying.
DO YOU ACCEPT PRIVATE INSURANCE?
Payment is expected at the end of each session. We accept cash, interact-debt, online banking as forms of payment. You will be provided with a receipt for each session that may be used for tax purposes as part of your medical expenses on your income tax, so please retain the receipt, if applicable. If your payment through Extended Health Benefits Insurance, you will be provided with a receipt for each session that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
ARE APPOINTMENTS IN PERSON, ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE?
- Please arrive to your appointments 10-15 mins earlier to complete intake forms. Forms are also available on the site to download and print to bring in with you for your first session. Appointments are in person, over the phone and online through a trusted HIPPA system to protect your privacy.
IS THERAPY RIGHT FOR ME?
To seek therapy is a personal choice and there are many reasons for seeking help.
You find that you are having difficulty managing your problems on your own
- You feel overwhelmed, stressed, sad, helpless
- Your level of stress and distress affect your tasks of life (family, interpersonal relationships, social interaction, work)
- You are experiencing emotional difficulties that interfere with you daily functioning
- You need additional support
Therapy is right for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of their life by taking responsibility, creating greater self-awareness, and working towards change in their lives.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF YOU ARE THE RIGHT THERAPIST FOR ME?
We offer new clients a 15- 20minute free telephone consultation so that you can find out if I am the right fit for you. You will be given the opportunity to discuss your presenting struggles or challenges, given feedback and thoughts on how we might be able to work together, ask questions about therapy, the practice and fees as well as make a decision if we would work well together.
HOW LONG DOES THERAPY LAST?
Each person and situation is different. Generally, after 1 to 3 sessions you and your therapist will design your Care Plan together. Your Care Plan will determine the number of sessions you can plan on and what you are looking at accomplishing during those sessions. Sometimes issues you are facing will be resolved in a shorter amount of time (3-6 session), while others require longer-term, more in-depth work.
WHAT ARE YOUR COSTS?
The cost of therapy ranges between $100 to $200 (+HST) However, if you have extended health care (benefits) you may find that they will cover some or all depending on your plan. You will want to reach out to your insurance provider directly to find out more about how much they will cover as well as what type of therapist they will cover for you.
ARE SERVICES COVERED BY OHIP?
We are a private practice we are not covered by OHIP. If you have Extended Health Coverage, through your employer you may be covered for counselling through your Benefits Package. Most therapists, social workers, psychotherapists and psychologists are covered in Extended Health Plans. It is recommended to contact your Extended Health Care provider to verify the type of coverage offered to you in your plan prior to your appointment.
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
You can call (905) 218-3666 or send an e-mail to email@example.com or our booking system form.
Length of Sessions
Each session is scheduled for 50minutes. I offer new clients a 30-minute free telephone consultation so that you can find out if I am the right fit for you. You will be given the opportunity to tell me of your presenting struggles or challenges, given feedback and thoughts on how we might be able to work together, ask questions about therapy, the practice and fees as well as make a decision if we would work well together.
WHO WILL BE MY THERAPIST?
Tanasha Smith is the principal counselor at Mastery of Self Inc. She has a degree in Social Work and is currently pursuing her master’s degree in psychology. Mrs. Smith is a registered member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. Her focus is on Mental Health, Youth Counselling, Self-Care and Rebuilding families.
How Do I Get Started?
Free 20 Min Chat
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital
134 Queen St. E. Suite 406 Brampton, ON L6V 1B2
Hours Of Operation
Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays